Monday was an absolutely gorgeous day, and I had a wonderful time by the lake photographing birds. The sky gave us spectacular views no matter which way you looked.


Looking eye to eye with a Ringed billed Gull

This Herring Gull is much larger.

Now back to reality! Two days later and this is what we woke up to...

But the winter birds are here to cheer us up.
A male House Finch.

Here is Mrs. House Finch.

This male
Downey woodpecker must have seen a Hawk because he was frozen in this position for the longest time.

What a glaring look I got from this Goldfinch! "We're so NOT ready for winter"

The Juncos don't mind the snow one bit!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. Take care and stay warm.
7 comments:
Wonderful photos of the sky and the birds. I just love the precious Goldie.
Glorious bird filled skies and so many beautiful birds at your feeders.
I love all your shots of the winter birds. You have much more snow than we do at the moment. :)
I love those gull pictures.The blue sky makes them pop.
Blessings,Ruth
Love the birds in the snow! They all look so pretty against the white. I hope we don't get snow for awhile.
Those first couple of gull pictures are really neat and like someone else said, those blue skies really made them pop. The other bird pictures were great too, nice and clear.
You are not kidding about the weather, ours changed overnight. Very nice Gull pictures. My Goldfinch's have gone to a better feeder, but my Juncos are back. I just love the photo of the path.
Post a Comment