WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

World Bird Wednesday


The look on the face of this Bluejay can only say " When will it all end?"

We are now up to around 36" of snow and it's still snowing. This is really way to early in the season for this much, but when you live in the snow belt off the southern shores of Lake Erie, you have to expect it mostly until the lake freezes. Anyhow our local ski resort is celebrating!

Click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com/ to see lots more birds.





14 comments:

mick said...

Poor 'birdie' in all that snow! Great photos.

Unknown said...

Great Jays and especially good crisp photos. I also looked at your Herons and they're great. Boom & Gary of The Vermilon River.

Janis said...

Great shot, I always loved blue jays! Hope it stops snowing soon so you can dig out. Hope you have lots of food.

Springman said...

Such crisp detail. These are a pleasure. 36 inches of snow! I hope your snow removal people were ready for that! We just have a dusting here with a couple of more inches promised for Thursday. Your Blue Jays are handsome subjects!
;-)WBW

Ryan Ankeny said...

Great detail on the Blue Jay. He kind of looks like an oil painting the way his feathers look so soft. And that blue crown is just gorgeous. Good job getting such detailed photos in such inclement weather!

Hilke Breder said...

Nice pics! At least the Blue Jay is finding something to eat. A snow storm was forecast for the Buffalo area when we passed through it on our trip back from Michigan but we missed it!

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! That is a lot of snow.I hope some of it melts before spring.Love the Blue Jay pics.
Blessings,Ruth

Empty Nester said...

Wow, those are great photographs! I love the way he seems to be posing for you. He's a beauty.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Blue Jay shots. The light, the colors, the snow - perfect!

Mary said...

LOL...great minds think alike. I have a robin that matches your blue jay for expression :-) These are beautiful blue jay shots. Mine haven't come very close so far this year.

jeanlivingsimple said...

Very nice captures of the Blue Jays!

EG CameraGirl said...

You sure have been hit hard this year!

Unknown said...

Beautiful bird! Great captures.

holdingmoments said...

A beauty of a bird.

Not sure I could cope with 36" of snow! lol