Busy day today putting up Christmas decorations and again not many pictures except the back yard birds.
I have several pairs of Cardinals.

I also spotted 3 large flocks of Tundra( Whistling ) Swans flying East right over the house. They are so high it's difficult to get good pictures. You can't mistake that haunting
Whoo Whoo Whoo way up high almost out of sight. The sky was actually white, and I had to change it on here to make the swans visible.

Slate colored Junco eating from my sundial.

Then he is joined by a Tree Sparrow. I only had one all last winter, and I wonder if it's the same one.

House Sparrows, Mourning Doves, and Mrs. Cardinal all enjoy seeds on the ground.

Lots of snow everywhere, so I guess winter is here :~(
7 comments:
A lot of nice visitors in the snow! Love the photo of the swans flying over...that's a lot of swans!
The Cardinal in the snow is so pretty.
It sure does look like winter. I am sure the birds love u for providing food for them. Love the swans flying over.
Wow, actually I was visiting for Macro Monday... but I really love your birds that you are feeding... what gorgeous colours... the ones who visit my feeders are mainly blue tits and hedge sparrows, magpies and linnets, but nothing so glorious as your cardinals...
Ah, the winter birds have arrived! And I LOVE the little lady in your header shot!!
If you don't have many birds at the feeders in summer, just wait until the snow fly's. These are nice bird photos.
how wonderful it must be to see those swans. I envy you your sky view of them passing over. And I must get some outdoor decorating done, get ready for the arrival of my sweet grandchildren for Christmas.
Ann
Post a Comment