Happy Ruby Tuesday everybody. This is an old antique egg grader. When I sold lots of eggs years ago, I always graded them all. On the scale now is one of my blue eggs. Have a wonderful day, and Thanks to mary/the teach for hosting this site. If you want to see more red photos just click on the side bar Lady bug.Don't forget to click on the photo to enlarge it, and see my regular post for today below.
Great Ruby Tuesday. Wow, I never thought about how eggs are actually graded, I'm such a city gal, so I guess it's by weight not size, not necessarily the same thing.
I thought that eggs were graded by size and not by weight. This is an honest way to separate the largest from the smallest. I wonder if there ever was an implement that could tell which egg would taste better in a western omelet than another?
Amazing that things like this lasted for so many years and did the job very well. Now days we pay a fortune for things which last only as long as the warrantee!! :)
10 comments:
What a lovely antique grader, even if not in use such things make for really nice interior decoration details.
Happy Ruby Tuesday!
WOW! Thanks for sharing. I've never seen one of that before! My first and thanks for posting this!~
Cheers,
Yen
I always wondered how eggs were graded...now I know!
Love the old scale. Wish we had eggs of our own!
Great Ruby Tuesday. Wow, I never thought about how eggs are actually graded, I'm such a city gal, so I guess it's by weight not size, not necessarily the same thing.
That's such an interesting little contraption. I never knew how egss were graded.
It never occured to me how they were graded - that's a really wonderful antique!
I thought that eggs were graded by size and not by weight. This is an honest way to separate the largest from the smallest. I wonder if there ever was an implement that could tell which egg would taste better in a western omelet than another?
Amazing that things like this lasted for so many years and did the job very well. Now days we pay a fortune for things which last only as long as the warrantee!! :)
Lovely grader, Becky!
Post a Comment