WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, September 11, 2008

BUGGY THURSDAY

Good Morning. Brrrr, it's cold again. This morning it's 37º
I took a chance and didn't pick all my tomatoes last night, but I think I'd better do it today. Sigh, it's time to begin cleaning out the garden. We've got lots of potatoes to dig too. I really hate to see summer ending. Our next chore will be wood splitting, but we'll have help from our son and daughter-in law. They only live 2 houses away, and are always there to lend a hand.
Here are these Milkweed bugs again. They have gotten bigger. I'm not sure what they are conversing about, but I just noticed a big bug lurking to the right on the edge of that leaf, and may be up to no good. Maybe they are planning a quick get-away. This Ladybug was actually doing a dance standing on her front feet.
Katydid
Another look at the Katydid. He turned to face me.
Check out these weird looking guys. They were on my raspberry bushes.
Fungus among us. OK, these aren't bugs, but I thought they were cute anyway. Growing on the side of our garden shed.
Another mushroom/ fungus. It's that time of year. We have different ones around here. This one looks a bit tattered.
Someday I'll do an all shroom' post

4 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

You and your camera are finding all kinds of interesting bugs, ;-)

Yes, autumn is very, very close now. I think it was more like 40 degrees where I am this morning but that's still chilly!

Cicero Sings said...

Yes, I'll be needing to bring in the harvest very soon now. I have a few tomatoes to bring in and potatoes to dig. I think some of the root veggies can stay in ... at least for a little while. The pumpkins though, will have to come in.

Interesting buggy pictures!

me ann my camera said...

Bugs, aren't they fascinating looking! I am always so amazed when I see their minute details and designs and wonder if their beauty goes so unappreciated just because they're so minute and small. Great pictures.

Kerri Farley said...

Great shots of the BUGS!! Love the shrooms too!