I mentioned yesterday that we burn wood, and this is a shot of just half of the wood pile. The remaining half is on the other side of the shed, and some is already stacked inside. Our WONDERFUL daughter-in-law splits most of this by hand with a big maul! She is amazing... The larger pieces we will split with the log splitter. We still have more wood coming too. It's nice to know we'll be toasty this winter.We were not home much yesterday, so these pictures I took a few days ago. Some grasses on the trail.
This wild apple tree is loaded this year. The apples aren't too tasty, but the deer love them.
Fungus on a log. I do tole painting on some of the dried fungus.
I decided to put one of them in my header, so check above. I've done many others , but gave most of them away. I also like to paint on hand saws.
I see I'm not the only one posting "left-overs" and too busy to take photos :-) These are great....love your tole painting in the header. I've seen painting on saws, but never on fungus! How interesting! Your daughter-in-law must stay in great shape to do all that splitting! How nice of her. Shows us more of your tole painting, please.
4 comments:
What a special Daughter In law!!
I don't know what tole painting is...I would love to see it!!
That leaf hopper is awesome!!
I'd love to see some of your tole painting on fungi. That sounds so intriguing!
I like a room heated by a wood fire. Mmmmmm.
WOW! Came back to look at the header....FABULOUS!! You are very talented!!!
I see I'm not the only one posting "left-overs" and too busy to take photos :-) These are great....love your tole painting in the header. I've seen painting on saws, but never on fungus! How interesting! Your daughter-in-law must stay in great shape to do all that splitting! How nice of her. Shows us more of your tole painting, please.
Post a Comment