WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Today's Flowers

This Oncidium Orchid stands around 18" high and 12" wide. Right now it is in full bloom. The stems with the blossoms extend 24", and there are 4 of them. The blossoms themselves are about 1 1/2" and some smaller. The amazing thing about this orchid is that the flowers smell just like CHOCOLATE! Many Orchids have wonderful fragrances.
To see more Today's Flowers click on the icon at the right.

3 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Gorgeous!

Mary said...

Beautiful! If I had a flower that smelled like chocolate, I might eat it! Do you have lots of orchids?

Becky said...

Mary
Sorry for the delay. We've been out car shopping all day, and we're pooped!
I have around 25 orchids. I just have a small 8'X 13'greenhouse attached to our living room. It's actually made where our front porch was. The floor is cement and it's rather cool in the winter, but the orchids love it out there. They don't all bloom at the same time, so there is always a surprise. and some of them smell SO good..