WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, September 29, 2008

Good morning all. It's 57º here and the skies are cloudy. Yesterday it was misting all most all day, until about 5PM, when the sun came out for a few minutes.
This moon shot was taken around 06:45 last Thursday. The sky yesterday morning.
The male Goldfinches are getting into their winter outfits.
Not nearly as attractive as the summer ones.
They're baaaaaaak ! I was surprised last night when I looked under my feeders. There were 2 of them and such fat critters they are. I don't know if they are part of the gang that was here in the spring or not. The ones tail must be at least 12" long.
This one has a spot on the back of his head. Sorry about the fuzzy pictures. I took them through the window, you know for safety sake. I wasn't afraid to get close to them when they were babies, but can't trust them now!
Well, it's Monday morning, and we'll be back on the car locating search again. I'm going to do some looking on the Internet today and save us the hassle of having to deal with pushy salesmen.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I'm always amazed how much our scenery is alike...except you have rain :-) My goldfinches are at the same stage. Haven't seen my skunks for a couple of nights....but then I try not to look, unless I want to open the door.

EG CameraGirl said...

I keep watching for the goldfinches but have only seen a glimpse of them so far. They'll soon be raiding the seed heads on my purple coneflowers. I look forward to that.

The only skunk I've see lately was roadkill. He/she was trying to cross a busy highway.

me ann my camera said...

I really want to see a skunk, but at a distance of course. I think there are a few around for I detect a bit of a familiar scent int he air some mornings,, but so far no photo opportunities have presented itself. That is a wonderful moon shot!!

Anonymous said...

Love your photo of the moon!