On my walk with the dog there wasn't much going on. I did try to walk the creek trail later, and saw the Wood ducks, but the mosquitoes were so bad. I just couldn't stay.
This Red clover had lots of dew, and spider webs on the blossom.
We saw this bunny up the road, but the dog spotted it the same time I did, and was on full alert so I couldn't get very close. Seeing Rabbits again probably means the Coyotes have moved on. Rabbits are one of their favorite foods.
I canned tomatoes Thursday and probably will do more tomorrow. These I saved out to eat.
Maggie Margaret. She is nearing 16 years old, and doesn't hunt any more. Mostly she sits around waiting for her supper. She had a stroke about 8 years ago. She came up missing for several days, and when she finally came home she could barely walk, and kept going in circles. I think she might have been in one of our evergreen trees, because she had pine pitch all over her back. It took me a long time to get her cleaned up. Gradually she got better, and now walks fine.

4 comments:
39.2F this morning when we got up with clear skies!
I've only sallied forth to put a bit of bird seed out. We'll wait for it to warm up a tad.
Love that new header photo! The dew on the clover is amazing...looks almost like snow or frost! I wish I would see more bunnies, but either the other critters have chased them away or the neighborhood cats have discouraged them. Maggie M looks very contented....I have never known of a cat having a stroke! I'm glad she is recovered. In answer to your train question: Howell is an area on the westside of Evansville..one of the small towns that eventually became Evansville.
Maggie is beautiful! I'm glad she is doing better!
Those tomatoes and peppers look FABULOUS!
The world is so full of intersting things, spider webs being one of them. There seems to be a lot of spiders around late. You must hve a great garden. I am still feasting on tomato sandwiches for lunch each day from ours.
Post a Comment