WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Watery Wednesday

This is a pond about 5 miles from home. During the fall, there are hundreds of geese there every day. Believe me it isn't pleasant walking around the pond! You have to watch every step. This picture was taken 4 years ago.
Click on http://eyesmindheart.blogspot.com/ to see more Watery Wednesday shots. Thanks to eyes, mind and heart for hosting this fun site.

12 comments:

Connie T. said...

I know what you mean, you have to watch where you step. I think the geese have finally left our pond. I have not seen them the last couple of days.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. The lake near me has a lot of ducks and geese and when someone feeds them they swarm. That's when you really have to watch your step. Yuck! LOL!

Carletta said...

Everyone must enlarge this to really get the full effect!
I have never seen so many geese in one place.

Happy Watery Wednesday to you both!

me ann my camera said...

It must be difficult to try and count them all. Very beautiful and I love the autumn colours in the background fringing the pond.

Anonymous said...

I'm noticing some autumn leaves on those trees in the background. I guess they go together with the migrating geese at this time of year where you live.

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

They should put up signs saying "Watch where you're walking" :P
Happy Watery Wednesday!

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh, you are sooooooo right about having to watch your step. How can such pretty birds be so messy? ;-) The Canada geese are gathering in large crowds here too. It doesn't look like they'll be leaving soon yet.

Unknown said...

That's amazing! Love the fall colors in the trees, perfect pick for this time of the year.

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

Wow! So many geese in one area of water! In credible!

Delightful pic!

Mary said...

What a lot of geese! That is a great shot! Very colorful, too.

DeniseinVA said...

Great photo, I haven't seen so many geese in one spot. Love the fall colors also.

Aisha said...

That's one beautiful shot of the lake. :)