WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Good Morning everyone. Yesterday was pretty soggy all day, and I didn't get out to take any pictures. These pictures are from a couple days ago.
We had a flood watch until 8AM this morning, but I think it stopped raining sometime in the night. The next round will probably come in sometime today with rain from Hurricane Ike.
Here we have old one row corn pickers ( tired iron), and I think they look like ancient dinosaurs. This Ladybug was on a mission,and hurried away.
Wild Cucumber vine crawling up a Willow tree. You can also see the huge grape vines on this tree.
Part of the new beaver dam on the creek.
Wild grass.
More on the big Willow trees with the grape vines.
Joe Pye weed.
Another shot of the beaver dam. This dam is in 2 parts of the creek. These are bank beavers. They don't build a lodge, but live in holes in the creek banks..
This leaf is floating on it's way down French Creek to the Allegheny River, onto the Ohio River, the Mississippi, and final destination the Gulf of Mexico. I don't think it will make it! LOL
Looking up French Creek.

7 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful Becky! I LOVE the leaf floating....and that last shot!
Just wonderful!!

Jan said...

This is a great post, all of your photos are great, too. I was wondering about the wild cucumber, are the edible and worth eating? You can tell I'm not a country gal!
BTW, hope you don't get too soaked with all the rain.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are enjoying this day before the rains of Ike move in. It has been very hot and muggy and uncomfortable here.

Mary said...

Beautiful shots and I'll be sure to check the Ohio River daily for your leaf :-) How long do you think if will take?? LOL! We are getting high winds, but no rain, which we need. There are trees and limbs blowing down all over town. So far so good at our house.

Becky said...

Mary
It's blowing up a storm here too, but no rain either. I've been checking the radar, and it seems to be skirting around to the North of us. There are limbs and trees down around us, but we're safe.

me ann my camera said...

The corn pickers do look like dinosaurs at a distance! Neat.

Woody said...

Hi, Very nice photo. I visited your other blogs as well. Love the train blog!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you stop back!