Yesterday we headed out to Wal-Mart in the afternoon, and spotted a Northfolk Southern train sitting on a siding. We pulled into a parking lot and watched for a while. The train had a long line of empty coal cars, and was just waiting for another train traveling in the opposite direction.This gray coal car is the last of the coal train traveling East toward Buffalo NY. We stayed for over an hour waiting for that train to move, but it apparently didn't get it's orders, and we needed to get our shopping done so we had to leave. Who knows, maybe it's still sitting there.
Here is one of the three locomotives that were pulling this train.
Here is one of the three locomotives that were pulling this train. 






6 comments:
Labor Day fireworks! Now, that sounds like fun!!
Our morning was really foggy too, but then it turned out to be a beautiful, warm day.
Your fireworks photos came out great - and a nice way to end the summer.
Beautiful fireworks!
Amazing! Amazing shots! I am breathless with that second shot and the fireworks! Stunning!!! Mine is HERE if you have a time! Thanks!
Nice work! Fireworks are tough, but I managed a few from Fourth of July in my Ruby Tuesday this week. Turned out I was using waaay too much lens for where I wound up being in relation to the display, but I hadn't planned on being that close and didn't feel like schlepping the whole bag all night, so...
Lesson learned.
Your fireworks shots are AWESOME!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first shot!
Post a Comment