WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Saturday, September 13, 2008

FINDS, FELINE, FOREST, FLOWERS, AND FEATHERS

I guess I got carried away with my pictures. Sorry, but it was a nice day, and the mosquitoes were not too bad.
This Fox Tail weed was covered with dew. Busted ! In the fog, Azrael climbed on top of one of the Bluebird houses for a better look.
In our kids' garden this is a different way to grow potatoes. They tried an experiment by putting down one tire in which they planted the seed potatoes. As the plants grew, they added another tire and more dirt until it was 4 tires high.

After the plants died, our son Steve and granddaughter Jalyn took off the tires and pulled out the potatoes.
An OK find for the first time.
These crazy looking Cowbirds are still hanging around.
This male Goldfinch must have been having a bad hair day.
Here are a couple Goldfinches enjoying sunflowers.
A female House finch dropped by to see what was on the menu.
I still have a few Cone Flowers that won't give up.
Goldenrod.
I must remember to look this up. I don't know what it is, but we have LOTS of these bushes. The birds don't seem to like these berries either.
More leaves turning color.
For once the Wood ducks didn't see me, but they were too far away.
Reflections in the creek.
Wild purple Aster

2 comments:

Michele said...

Beautiful post and you really can never get carried away with the photos!
I love the Goldfinches, even the badhaired one... LOL
The tire potato patch seems like a neat idea... never seen that before!
Great post!
~Michele~

Kerri Farley said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the purple aster! And that gold finch with the bad hair day made me laugh :)