WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, September 22, 2008

A very good morning to everyone. It's 52º here and very foggy AGAIN. I am really glad I don't work any more. I always hated driving in this fog! I had to be to work at 6AM which meant I had to leave home around 5:15AM. Sometimes it was dreadful depending on the weather. I surely don't miss it.
I took a walk yesterday afternoon and saw some pretty fall flowers on the trails.
I think this one is Sneezeweed. Ah-Choo! This big old Willow tree is near the creek, and has seen many floods.
Another one of the Aster family. This purple one grows everywhere. I just don't know which one it is.
The Sumac leaves are turning colors.
Dried Burdock. My cat Maggie got a whole bunch of these stuck in the fur on her back. I tried everything to get them out, and finally had to resort to the clippers. Now she has a 3" wide path of almost no hair right down the middle of her back. She wasn't very happy with me, but I'm sure she feels so much better, and I think she has forgiven me. LOL
These white Asters are everywhere too.
We're almost ready to pick the Northern Spy apples. I've been gathering the ground ones, and making applesauce. Now it's nearly time to do pies.
AS I was nearing the end of my walk, the sky began to get dark. The sun tried to shine through, but with not much luck. We didn't get any rain though.
Have a great day...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful day here. I love your header photo, it looks like lace on the leaves.

Mary said...

Love that last shot...spooky! The flowers and leaves are all so autumn looking! Those apples look perfect for a pie :-) I sure hope we don't have burdock around here! Getting it out of my "mean cat's" fur would be a nightmare! The other 2 I can grab and comb...cut.

Cicero Sings said...

Poor kitty! ... but that burdock sure can stick.

I'm so glad I don't have to go to work anymore either. I used to live right next door to work ... about a 5 minute walk ... at the end of my career.

me ann my camera said...

I think we have Sneezeweed by our garden gate, given to us by a neighbour last year. It seems to be quite hardy and that's good with the several frosts we had recently.!