Good Morning all. I hope you had a wonderful week-end. It was a good one here, and we survived the onslaught of Hurricane Ike yesterday. The day began with lots of sun, but it was warm and really humid . The temp. got up to 84º, and after lunch the winds picked up. Gary wanted to mow grass and the trails, so our granddaughter Becca and I walked the trails looking for any downed limbs. We spotted these small mushrooms in the front yard.
Becca took this. She loves taking pictures, and for a 5 yr. old I think she does pretty good.
With the winds getting worse, we hurried on our walk.
A little later the clouds started rolling in and the sun disappeared.
Then it got really threatening, but still no rain. About this time I put all my outside hanging plants in the garage, put all the chickens to bed, and came in the house. The winds got stronger, and the electricity began to flicker. We lost the power for a moment, but it did come back on. Our son Steve got 3 fire calls during the night mostly for downed trees. It's raining on and off this morning, and not a good day to take pictures. We have lots of apples that fell in all the wind, so I think I'll process them today.
This little toad was sitting on my umbrella last night in the garage. I guess he didn't want to be outside.
3 comments:
Becca DOES take good photos, I agree. Ike did bring humid weather, that's for sure. But in Central Ontario I know of very little damage. Love the toad on the umbrella. ;-)
Glad you survived the storm!
Becca takes very good pictures for a 5 year old ... many "mature" people I know don't do so well!!!
Becca does great with the pictures!! LOVE the mushrooms and the flowers....and the toad of course!!
Post a Comment