This is another of our trails I have forgotten to mention. The upper trail or Llama trail is in a "U" shape. This trail called Shortcake trail goes from one side of the Llama trail to the other. It winds around, has 2 birdhouses, and small sitting bench.
Early morning clouds.
On my walk yesterday, dodging and slapping at the mosquitoes, I spotted this spider all rolled up in a Milkweed leaf.
The entrance to his "den" is littered with bugs.
Milkweed Tiger Moth caterpillar. Looks like a little mop doesn't he?
The Pale Tiger Moth caterpillar, is the same as in my header.
Newly mowed hay field.
I like the star on this silo. Sorry about the car and all the wires, but as Gary says, " It's just a photography fact of life sometimes."
Cute little female Goldfinch . Soon all the males will look like this too after loosing all the beautiful yellow color in their feathers in preparation for winter.
She seemed to be sunning herself.
Last but not least, it's goose season here, and early yesterday morning even before dawn these guys were out in the field across the road from us with their decoys. They did shoot a few geese, and they don't stay very long . After they make all that noise once or twice the geese get wary and won't come around, so the guys have to move on. I hate to see them kill the geese, but I understand it's better than letting them starve through the winter, and the geese population has grown to hundreds around here.
4 comments:
Thank you for the lovely tour. Goose season already? WOW!
Those are great photos! That spider is really interesting. Love the fuzzy caterpillars! They are so funny looking. I haven't seen any yet this year of any kind except the monarchs that I posted. That field shot is beautiful and I like the silo, too! Wires are a nusiance, for sure, but they don't really detract from this photo. Lovely little goldfinch....mine haven't changed yet. I hate hunting, but like you realize it is sometimes a necessity.
Thank you for visiting my blogs and leaving comments. I'm always curious as to why people pop over for a visit but I see you visit some other blogs that I visit and you must have come via them.
I have a couple of artist friends that ask to draw some of my photos. My husband could be an artist too ... if he'd only buckle down and get past his fear factor!
You take lovely photos yourself! I use a Canon G9 ... a glorified point and shoot ... because I don't want to pack around the big guns! But I'm still happy with my pictures. Prior to March I was only using a Pentax Optio S4 ... it took good pictures for such a tiny, pocket sized camera!
I have one post dealing with a train ride we took last year around this time:
http://cicerosings.blogspot.com/2007/09/saturday-evening-news.html
An old steam engine kept up to shine by local train buffs!
TTFN ...
I loved all you pictures. And the car and wires in the one photo just give it that National Geographic air. They are always putting people of people elements in all their pictures too!
Post a Comment