WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Another Day Trip #1

This morning we decided to take another day trip. The weather was just beautiful. This time we went over into Ohio and to the Ashtabula Harbor. When we left home there was plenty of fog. The first place we stopped in Ashtabula was along the Erie lake shore and this light house was way out at the end of a breakwall.
Another smaller light, and I don't think it is operational.
A marker at Lakeshore Park.
Nice landscaping.
A pretty stone bridge, with water running underneath. On the back side of this bridge is a large pond with a pair of Mute Swans, ducks, Canada geese ( they fly in off the Lake ), and of course the ever present Sea Gulls.

This swan might be the male. It has a thicker neck.
The other swan was busy eating from the bottom of the pond.
Of course I just had to photograph this Canada goose. It was very friendly, but the signs said NO Feeding the Waterfowl.
Most of the geese and ducks stayed away from this swan.
Bottoms up!
Check out the water droplets.
Water dripping from the bill.
Just a pretty pose.
I got a ton more pictures, but this is enough for today. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow, so I probably won't take any shots outside. I did see some Crocus' blooming down near our Pond Trail. I must get a picture.
Have a great week-end.

11 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I love the "bottoms up" pics especially the one with the water drops. This looks like another great place Becky.

EG CameraGirl said...

Wish I had been on that day trip with you, Becky! Lighthouses are always intriguing to me and your swan photos are absolutely wonderful!


I'm looking forward to seeing more photos from that trip. ;-)

Eve said...

Hi Becky! This looks like such a fun day trip. We'll be driving through Ohio when we leave NY for Alabama. It will be strange to leave before the leaves pop here and then have them open along the way. I'm glad you stopped to visit my blog.

Mary said...

Always wondered where Ashtabula was. When I was a kid I remember reading a book called "The King from Ashtabula"..can't believe I remember that! I love that lighthouse. Not your usual tall model. The park and bridge look inviting and the swans are so beautiful! It's raining here, but I'm off to quilt most of the day.

Cicero Sings said...

We have a soft spot for lighthouses as D worked on a station for about 2 years ... years ago now

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

THanks for sharing your day trip,it looks like a great place for a visit.Each picture is lovely in it's own way.
Blessings,Ruth

Michele said...

Oh boy, I really liked the lighthouse out there... that's a fantastic view!
A postcard picture.
The swan is really elegant, isn't it and you caught the water droplets just perfectly!!
I love the Canada Goose... they can always make me smile =)

Hugs♥

jan m said...

Sounds like a nice trip Becky. We hope to do a little one tomorrow, but now that you mention rain, I guess I'd better check the forecast.

Carletta said...

Some really awesome shots Becky!
Love the waterdrops falling off his downey feathers! :)

April said...

I love your closeups of that beautiful swan! Very pretty scenes.

BNS said...

Oh Becky, these are just marvelous. I can't pick a favorite. Maybe the Canada Goose? Or maybe the lighthouse? Or maybe the 'bottoms up' photos? Nope - I love all of them!

Bobbie