WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, March 8, 2009

It was really foggy yesterday morning, even though the temp was near 40º More Geese hunters this morning, so we had to go looking for pictures.Look what I found. ROBINS! Last year they showed up really early like this, and we had a late winter snow storm that dumped lots of snow on us, and so many of them died, probably starved. This one was the closest.
The Seagulls were inland today scavenging through the cornfields.

Here is a Hawk just like I saw the other day, and I'm still not sure what it was. The more I look in my Sibley's book, I'm leaning toward a juvenile Broad Winged Hawk.
When it flew away, it had a rabbit in it's talons.

How about this big bad boy? A Scottish Highland bull. Not ours, but about 5 miles from here. They have a couple calves too, really cute, but they were too far away for a picture.
This is the overflow from French Creek that is behind our house. It's such a mess right now from all the high water that left behind all these branches and trees, and is really hard to believe in a couple months it will be lush green with lots of wild flowers like Swamp Iris, and wild onions and Cowslip.
Sorry that these pictures look so faded, but the fog lasted almost all day.

5 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Well I hope seeing them early again does not mean that next winter is going to be like this last one. :)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Good Mornig,
Where to begin?The header is spectacular!I kind of like the foggy scene,looks like a mystery ready to unfold.Mr.Bull is someone I don't want to mess with.He should star on the Bull Riding circut.
Blessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of your region. I can hardly wait to see my first robin of the year. It's an exciting time for sure.

EG CameraGirl said...

I haven't seen my first robin yet. If you've seen one then they must be close by. ;-)

Love your new header.

Mary said...

What a nice variety today...fog, robins, seagulls, hawk, bull! That bull looks huge! I don't know what the hawk is, but that is a good picture of it from the side. Thinks positive....Robins mean spring. Keep telling yourself that.