WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, March 9, 2009

Rain, Rain & More Rain

The snow is gone, and now we have rain. The creek is really high, and hopefully will wash away all the branches and trees it left when we had the ice jam. Temp. is 43ยบ and foggy too. Not a good time to be out and about.
Some of the sugar shacks in the area are making syrup. Rain drops on a branch lets us see a bit of reflection from a tree nearby.
The goose hunters are ready, but it was so foggy they couldn't see the geese when they flew high, and the geese are smart this day to recognise a decoy when they see it.
The girls out for a stroll. They're so glad to be out of the coop for a while.
I spotted deer footprints on our Llama trail. We don't see them here very often. It's too close to the road I guess.
Not many birds again today. The feed isn't going down very fast now. Just a couple Downey woodpeckers, and a few Chickadees. Have a great week.

7 comments:

dot said...

Fantastic picture of the rain drops! I really like the one of the hunters also.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Hopefully the rain will melt the snow and make it warmer Becky, but not so much that it swells the stream and floods your house again.

Anonymous said...

Becky, we noticed yesterday that the streams and falls were rushing from the rain and melted snow. Hope your stream stays in check and doesn't give you any trouble.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Oh,I really like the brach with the rain droplets on it.Creative photography at it's best.
Blessings,Ruth

Mary said...

Lovely bunch of photos...you've really had a variety of things happening around you. Interesting to see the sugar shacks. I love good maple syrup. Hope all the hunters miss their mark :-) Three cheers for smart geese. Cool footprint!

Betty said...

Love your pictures. I bet your glad your snow is gone ours was, but today it came back. We expect lots of rain its Washington,but not all this snow. The branch with the rain drops is a picture I would like to hang on my wall.

BNS said...

Reading "the girls" made me break out in a big grin. :-D