WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Watery Wednesday

On my walk the other morning I saw this small flock of Hooded Mergansers on French Creek. Fortunately they didn't see me or they would have been gone in an instant. I think in the foreground right by the corn field are 2 female Common Mergansers that I didn't see till I uploaded these pictures.
Thanks to 2sweetnsaxy for hosting this fun meme. Just click on http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/ to see lots more watery photos

12 comments:

Guy D said...

Excellent shot Becky, I love the capture.

Have a great rest of the week!
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Anonymous said...

Great photos of the ducks.

Anonymous said...

Nice shot. I don't think I've seen this type of ducks before.

Carletta said...

You must have a wonderful place to walk to find so many wonderful pics!
I'm glad you could sneak up - great find!

I have ducks this week too.
Carletta’s Captures.

BNS said...

A regular merganser convention! It must have been so nice to come upon this gathering.

Bobbie

Bryan said...

It's always/usually great to find surprise appearances in photos after upload. Nice photo.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Great capture Becky.

Anonymous said...

It's the first time I've seen this type of ducks and I'm not even acquainted with their name. Thanks for bringing this picture to us. Beautiful WW entry.

Mary said...

Lovely! You can tell spring is coming by all the duck and geese photos in the blogs :-)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely and serene composition. It's such a scenic and beautiful moment.

EG CameraGirl said...

You ARE lucky. You must walk softly and slowly! Great catch!

Minie said...

nice capture with a beautiful duck swimming.",)