WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, March 19, 2009

SKYWATCH FRIDAY

These were the clouds at sunset last Sunday. They are Altocumulus Castellanus and have precipitation falling from the clouds. The air was very dry and any precipitation evaporated before it hit the ground.
Thanks to all responsible for hosting this site. Click on http://skyley.blogspot.com/ to see lots more great sky shots.
Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it.




25 comments:

Sally in WA said...

Wow! I've never seen clouds like these. Thanks for posting these great shots.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Dramatic shots.
Blessings,Ruth

Guy D said...

Wow those are incredible unique photos, awesome!

Have a great weekend!
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Jan said...

Wow, I've never seen clouds like that. Wonderful.

Cicero Sings said...

Beautiful clouds. I've never seen the like though D has, weatherman that he is.

nature ramblings said...

Those are absolutely wonderful. It is so great to be able to share such wonderful sights with everyone. I have never seen clouds like that before. AMAZING!

Carletta said...

What awesome images!
I've never seen these and now I want to!!!
OMG! It's hard not to just sit and stare. I wonder how common they are.
This image makes for a terrific header too.

Anonymous said...

I love this! It reminds me of jellyfish. Very good image capture for skywatch!

Lene said...

I have never ever seen anything like this!!! This is awesome and amazing!! Great post!! Thankyou!

Have a nice weekend :)

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh my goodness!! I have never seen something like this. How astounding Becky. I really, really love the dramatc effect and colors in these.

Anonymous said...

Neat pictures Becky!

Anonymous said...

The upmost pic is stunning. Haven't see sky like that ever. Thank you so much for sharing this! Happy SWF!

prkl, Finland

kazu said...

It is amazing clouds.
Beautiful sky!

Mary said...

Wow...those are interesting and beautiful, too! Look like jellyfish in the sky.

EG CameraGirl said...

What interesting looking clouds! I hope you didn't need the rain since it evaporated before it hit the ground.

Linda said...

Great pictures, love those clouds, I haven't ever seen clouds like that before. Thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

Wow!! I too have never seen these clouds...so beautiful...looks great in your header...

floreta said...

i've never quite seen clouds like these! they either look like parachutes or little jellyfish!

Bj said...

These pictures are un-real! I've never seen clouds such as these before. Thanks for the info on them. Have a great day.

Christina said...

Interesting clouds ~ look like jellyfish! :) Happy Spring, and Happy SkyWatch Friday!

Barb said...

Yes, we get virga here in CO, too. However, I've never seen the clouds captured so beautifully. Happy spring.

Anonymous said...

Wow, i am amazed by these pictures.
What a magical sky yoy got there;
I first thought it was some kind of PS-process ... :)
Erwin.

Arija said...

Incredible, like a sky fullof jellyfish! I've never seen anything like it in all my born days! Amazing that such small clouds can rain on cue like a lot of ballet dancers.

becky aka theRAV said...

Hi Becky! I am Becky! These are so cool & very unusual. Never seen anything like them before. They remind me of jelly fish! LOL Great capture.

Anonymous said...

These are great! They look like little parachutes. Wonderful Sky Watch!