On our day trip to Ashtabula, Ohio we decided to check out the beach area too. We're always looking for beach glass, and since it was such a beautiful day we took a short walk.
Another shot of the lighthouse I posted 2 days ago. This is from another angle.
A cold front coming in.
There was lots of drift wood. Gary used to make driftwood lamps, and we used to collect lots from many of the beaches we walked.
I'm not quite sure what this is. It is full of holes, and really heavy. I couldn't kick it over.
OK, enough from that trip.
There are lots of Crocus blooming right now, and oh so many bees.
I bought 2 miniature roses. Can't wait for Spring!
The Pussy Willows are blooming too, BUT right now everything is under 2" of snow that we got last night. Tomorrow it will warm up, we hope!
How lovely Becky. I usually lok for shells and wood when I walk along the beach. It is amazing what forms and smoothness you find in the washed up wood.
I love to walk on the beach I too look for beach glass. When I went with my mother she could sit for hours looking for agates. The beaches around here are more rocks then sand.
4 comments:
How lovely Becky. I usually lok for shells and wood when I walk along the beach. It is amazing what forms and smoothness you find in the washed up wood.
Glimpses of a coming spring.Hope your snow melts real soon,as well as ours. Blessings,Ruth
I love to walk on the beach I too look for beach glass. When I went with my mother she could sit for hours looking for agates. The beaches around here are more rocks then sand.
At first glance, that purple crocus almost looked like an orchid. :)
Bobbie
Post a Comment