WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, March 5, 2009

On a ride in the beautiful sunshine yesterday afternoon, I spotted a big Crow harassing a huge bird perched high up in a tree. I stopped and took a few pictures before the crow left. Soon after this big bird/ Hawk(?) left too. I really need help ID ing this guy. He was really plump and had a very short tail. Any help will be appreciated.

I get a kick out of this big silo and such a small barn.
Finally a Titmouse sits still for a second.
I found these tracks leading from our woodshed to an evergreen tree. Rat? ? ?
We did have a gorgeous day even though it never got above 30ยบ. Tomorrow it's up to the 40's. Can you believe it?
Have a wonderful day all.

7 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I love the tail tracks between the footprints. LOL!! Many years ago I studied track and it is fascinating to interpret what the tracks mean sometimes.

Mary said...

I'm no good on hawks, but hope you find out what it is! It appears almost tailless. That silo is certainly more substnatial then the barn...I'd say the barn looks ready to fall down. Love the titmouse:-) Odd tracks! So interesting to see things like that but frustrating too, when you want to know what they are.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The Silo and Barn look somewhat comical.Sorry,Hawks confuse me at the best of time.
Blessings,Ruth

Cicero Sings said...

Acch ... we are back to below freezing and windy weather! The turmoils of spring.

EG CameraGirl said...

That IS a big silo for such a small barn, isn't it?

You take such nice bird photos! And the frost in your header is awesome!

Michele said...

Interesting tracks.. fun to see tracks in the snow.
We are having cold temperatures now with white out blizzard snow... it's like winter all over.
Thank you for visiting me on my blog.
Hugs and kisses.♥

Anonymous said...

My hawk ID-ing skills are not good, so I won't even try. Red-tails are about the only ones I can be sure of.
We had temps in the 40's today! and no snow to be seen anywhere. I hope you had those temperatures, but I'm sure it will be awhile before your snow disappears.