Yesterday was bill paying day, and grocery day. That took up nearly all morning. Then we went to the Amish bulk food store. We call it the "Amish Wal-Mart". Since I am a newly diagnosed Diabetic, I wanted to pick up some ingredients so I can make more healthier pasta that doesn't contain so many carbs.
I also got raw sunflower seeds for the birds, spices, several kinds of nuts, sugar free puddings, and of course Gary always gets himself some malted milk balls.
Later in the afternoon I spotted this Monarch, and with such perfect wings it must be newly emerged. I just can't resist these guys.
At our granddaughter Becca's soccer game a Dragonfly landed on this fence and was kind enough to sit still while I fumbled in my camera bag to get out the camera. P.S. Always have your camera READY ! You never know.
The thistles are beginning to go to seed.
Amish stack their oats this way to dry. The air is quite hazy today, so if my pictures appear this way. you'll know why.
Hay wagons. It's been a good year for hay even with all the rain.
Tired Iron.
This old tunnel travels under the CSX railroad tracks, and has a date of 1905 in the arch.
More railroad tracks that we watch. This particular one goes over a high trestle, but it is illegal to get any closer for photos. A huge gorge is underneath, and has some pretty waterfalls.Apparently the railroad is saving money too this summer by not cutting down the weeds!

2 comments:
80 degrees is going to feel nice, isn't it? We need to make a trip to our Amish bulk foods store, but it is an hour away. I love to stock up on wholesome foods, and buy my birdseed there. Sunflower seed is so expensive locally.
Take good care of yourself and the diabetes. I have a diabetic co-worker, and she has great ups and downs because she gets busy and doesn't eat or check her blood sugar.
Sorry to hear about your diabetese diagnosis and hope the diet changes help. Wonderful photos of the butterfly, dragonfly,crops and tractor! Never seen oats stacked like that...so old-fashioned looking. Nice bridge....interesting about not being able to go closer to the one for photos.
Post a Comment