WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, August 28, 2008

I didn't get out yesterday to take many pictures. The weather wasn't too good with very dark and cloudy skies. I had planned to can tomatoes too, but didn't get at that either. Looks like today will be busy. We also have to go to visiting hours for a neighbor who passed away last Sunday. It is already raining with the left-overs from hurricane Fay, so weather wise it won't be so good today.
This sunrise a few mornings ago was beautiful. More signs of Fall. The leaves on my flowering Crab are shedding.
The field corn is ready for chopping.
Another youngster. Male House finch.
Last week when we went to the Amish bulk food store we saw this horse and buggy. We were already too close by the time we spotted it so Gary had to take 2 shots to get everything, plus I didn't want to stop for fear someone would see me taking pictures.

Now, this is a really bad shot, but I was walking by the window when I see this hummingbird and if you don't get it when you can sometimes the opportunity is lost. You all know what I mean . LOL
The last Rose of summer ? ? At least the Japanese Beetles didn't eat this one.

4 comments:

Mary said...

As I look at your pictures I start thinking that its a lot like here...and then I get to the Amish shots and know that I'm not home any more :-) Actually, there are Amish further north in Indiana. Love the horse. The pictures are great and I love that rose! Nice humming bird, too.

Anonymous said...

It is so cool today, and cloudy, though we haven't had the rain. It just hangs to the west of us. I appreciate the horse and buggy pictures. On our last drive through the Amish area near us, I took a photo of the back of the buggy as we approached it from behind. I am careful to never photograph the occupants.

me ann my camera said...

I always love pictures of horses and wagons, glad that you got the pictures. The corn looks yummy; its almost gorn boil season.

Michele said...

The corn looks delightful and it's amazing the fall leaves are starting... ours aren't quite there but I imagine any day they will be!
Mountain Retreat