I did save a Song Sparrow from succumbing to the cats furry. She flew into my computer room window and fell to the ground. I went out, picked her up and held her for a minute. I put her up on the bird feeder and she sat there for a long time apparently really stunned. Finally after about 5 minutes she flew away.
Rose of Sharon
We have so many apples this year. These are Northern Spy. I will be making lots of sauce and pies.
The funeral for our neighbor who passed away on Sunday was yesterday. Our son was a paul- bearer, and he and our daughter-in-law didn't want the girls to attend the funeral, so another neighbor took them to the park. They had such a good time playing at the playground. This park is very old and is still very well maintained by the city. There are lots of pavilions for picnics too. Mostly many acres of Hemlock trees.






2 comments:
How nice to save a sparrow from the cats! I hate when they hit the window...I feel so guilty. Can I put in an order for a pie?? Those apples look great! Your granddaughters are adorable.
Lucky sparrow! :-)
Great sky picture, an even split, so to say. Hope you have sunny skies today!
Post a Comment