Thanks to mary/ the teach for hosting RUBY TUESDAY. Click on http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/ to see lots more RED pictures.
WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Monday, March 2, 2009
Ruby Tuesday
Last Friday we took a drive to my home town of Warren Pennsylvania. Here there are many old buildings left, and I wanted to take some pictures for a DVD I'm putting together. This big ancient factory dates back to the 1800's, and had many uses. It was a cheese factory, packing factory for canned vegetables, and many other uses. It still stands like a guardian on the hillside watching over the town.
Thanks to mary/ the teach for hosting RUBY TUESDAY. Click on http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/ to see lots more RED pictures.
Thanks to mary/ the teach for hosting RUBY TUESDAY. Click on http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/ to see lots more RED pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
That is quite a monumental building. I am trying to imagine it full of workers, and of cheese and canned vegetables.
I looked Warren up in Google Maps, and I see it's way up in northwest PA. Must get mighty cold in the winter.
I love old buildings, and the stories they might tell.
I love a scenery with the scent of old days. I don't know why it's so relaxing. May be because back then things were not so on the rush like now. Best wishes :)
Great capture of the reds. I love a little history mixed in with you posting. Have a great Ruby Tuesday.
I simply LOVE that racoon header Becky!! WHat a cute face!! It always seems a pity when these old buildings are demolished as they are so much part of the landscape.
Wonderful header!
I think you are right to take photos before they are all gone. Because of the discoloration of the brick I wonder if something was attached there. Nice shot!
Mines on my photoblog: Carletta’s Captures.
Love the old buildings hope the DVD turned out well..
Still looks pretty good! I love old buildings and always hope new uses can be found for them. What sort of DVD are you making?
Keep forgetting to say I love the raccoon header! It looks like a young one?
PA has quite an interesting history: a unique blend of rugged wooded countryside and industrialization of yore. I went to college in Easton PA at the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution.
I love the racoon it is so cute.
Old buildings are great I wish they would fix them up insted of tearing them down.
My husband was born in Easton Pa.
BIG building. It's great you are taking photos of the old factory and other structures in Warren. So many old buildings are being torn down. I hate to see them go.
Post a Comment