WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

RUBY TUESDAY

For Ruby Tuesday this is my antique Jewett gas stove. I purchased it at an auction about 25 years ago. It was made by the Jewett Stove Co. in Buffalo, New York in the early 1900's. It has been all refurbished, and is made to work, but we have never had it hooked up to gas.
Thanks to Mary/the teach for hosting this fun site. For more RED photos click on http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/ . My regular post for today is below. Have a great day everyone.

12 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

OH i like it!!!

RamblingWoods2.com said...

Made in my home town so it must be good..GG

Anonymous said...

Antique stoves have such character - very interesting. Wonderful photo with the red kettle!

Carletta said...

I love these old stoves - you really should get it hooked up. That would be so cool.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful stove, gotta love that!! The red kettle really sets it off and buys it a ticket into Ruby Tuesday. Have a great day.

See my post here, and/or my whole blog I Was Born2Cree8.

me ann my camera said...

I love your stove. We were antique collectors for many years and at that time I would have loved to have an old kitchen range. Now, though we are downsizing and getting rid of a lot of things we had collected in the past. Great Ruby Tuesday item!

Amber Star said...

That stove is so very cool...and bits of red peeking through.

Love the purple cone flowers on the side bar, too.

Dianne said...

so much detail, so many lovely little touches

beautiful find

dot said...

That's a great looking stove and I LOVE the red kettle!

Ralph said...

The classic red kettle is what perfectly accents this stylish (and functional) antique.

I'm guessing that the watering can below can be filled and used as a humidifier.

Everything is so cooly efficient, not devoid so much of style, but of the character of the past. Nice shot!

Raven said...

What a wonderful old stove... and I think we've seen that pretty red teapot before, haven't we?

Minkydo said...

Very quaint and sweet.